New Banner3

I Have Never...

Saturday, June 18, 2005

First Night - The Cleaners

"I Have Never been comfortable watching a show I have had input in."

This was a bit different. Having been shadow director on the show and with no mention in the programme, it gave me a chance to relax and observe as an audience member.

Granted, I had to ensure that I'd popped to the loo before it started, but my stomach had pretty much righted itself.

The show itself was about a 6 or 7 out of 10. Being in the know, you could tell where people were diversifying from the script. Lisa did a sterling job of putting people back on course with a couple of well-placed ad libs. The first half was a little flat, but the second sped along.

Afterwards, Iain asked me what I'd learnt from observing. I explained how surprised I was that large chunks of movement were worked up, but then binned in the last few days. The thing is, they'd done the job they were there for, namely getting the cast to relate in the way the characters were supposed to. This had left it extraneous. I felt that this was something I would have to be aware of in future productions.

"What have you chosen to discard at the last minute?"

FYLP
The Magic Numbers : The Magic Numbers - I know I've mentioned them numerous times in the last couple of weeks, but the album has finally arrived. As expected, it's a classic. Quite surprised that they've chosen to make the best track a secret track at the end...
Highlight - Hymn For Her

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home