New Banner3

I Have Never...

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Google Eviction

"I Have Never been wiped off Google without trace..."

Being a bit of a narcissist on the sly, I thought I'd type in "I Have Never" in Google. You know, just to see where I stood.

When I'd done this a couple of months ago, I'd rated about 4th on the list. That's not just in the UK either, but Worldwide.

I was buzzing. It could only be a matter of weeks, I thought, and I'd be beating ee cummings poem...

It's all gone wrong, though. For some reason I'm nowhere to be found.

Even when I type in referrals which used to be absolutely fail safe routes to here (bizarrely, Knaresborough Traffic Warden being one) they just don't work.

"Why has this happened?"

If someone could shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated...

3 comment(s):

I would recommend joining "ping-o-matic" (pingomatic.com), saving it as a bookmark (as they suggest after you enter your info the first time), and running it each time you update. (Expect some errors each time.) This seems to help my blogs stay fresh in search engines. Let me know if it works for you!

By Blogger Anne, at 12:28 pm  

Yeah, what Annie said. I use Technorati though. You might try adding keywords to your meta tags, the spiders love those, and then manually submitting your URL to various search engines that allow free submissions. Cool blog.

By Anonymous Allison, at 2:45 pm  

I also use technorati. It's pretty great.

By Blogger golfwidow, at 7:29 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home