New Banner3

I Have Never...

Monday, May 30, 2005

BBQ Apocalypse.

"I Have Never disrupted a barbecue quite so spectacularly."

The weather was gorgeous. Perfect for a Bank Holiday Monday. It was only a matter of time before someone rang and suggested a barbecue.

We set up around the back of the theatre. Purchased more than enough from the local Morrison's.
Burgers, sausages, their veggie equivalents. Pasta and Potato Salads. Bananas to wrap in foil. Doughnuts. A really good spread.

Last year, I'd been chef in charge. However, I chose to delegate this role to Niall today, favouring instead the option of having a kick around with a couple of the other blokes.

So, the charcoal was heating up nicely. The majority of the group were huddled near to the embers watching the food gradually cook. I was still mucking about with the football. Someone shouted 'on my head'. I looked down at the ball, got my toe underneath it and launched it into the air...

Unfortunately, it's trajectory proved to be rather wonky, and instead of it arriving at my friend's head it landed (at pace) on the barbecue.

Charcoal went flying. The back of the barbecue was bent out of shape. It looked like a bomb had hit it (which, in a small way, I guess it had). Fortunately no-one was hurt and all the food was rescued.

I was a bit red faced, and spent the next five minutes fixing the barbecue...

"When did you last wish a hole could just open up and swallow you?"

FYLP
The Go-Betweens: Before Hollywood - Completing this weekend's trilogy of classics, here's a lesser known gem from the mid 80's. They're still going today and have a new album out, but as I've not purchased it yet, I thought I'd direct you here.
Highlight: Cattle and Cane

4 comment(s):

Thanks for the laugh, I'm still picturing flying briquettes!

I have a mental defense that allows me to immediately forget any social faux pas immediately, otherwise I'd never leave my house...

By Blogger daftkitty, at 2:39 pm  

Very nice site. Thank you for sharing and allowing a space for others to write...keep up the posting!

By Blogger Mona, at 7:38 pm  

Funny pic.

By Blogger ScLeCo, at 1:15 am  

hhahaha classic !!!

By Blogger Ruthless Jack, at 10:55 am  

Post a comment

<< Home