New Banner3

I Have Never...

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Chuffed...

Well, that little test worked better than I'd ever expected! Thank you to Everybody who dropped by.

I make it 8 Circles and 9 Triangles (though a couple with square leanings - hmmm if a square leans I guess that makes it a rhombus...). 2 people abstaining, but thanks for saying Hi. I never thought that a simple question could produce such a varied response. I'm a circle person myself, but can't help being fascinated by triangles...

Thanks to those who tackled the 'I Have Never' question, too. Some intriguing ones to address in there. For example,

  • as a European (and yes, some people in Britain do consider themselves Europeans), I'm conscious of people here who harp on about Americans never leaving the USA. However, "I Have Never left Europe". In fact, the furthest I've gone is Istanbul...
  • "I Have Never broken a bone". Touch wood, I can agree to this. Nearest I ever got was going over my bike handlebars as a kid. I hit a knee-high wall head on (it's a long story).
  • "I Have Never got a traffic ticket". I've had three in my time - two for speeding and one for parking in the wrong place. The parking one was rather unfortunate. I won a haircut in a raffle. Not knowing the area where the hairdresser's was, I parked just down the street. Blissfully unaware, I had a fancy trim, really happy that I'd saved myself £10. Emerging 1/2 an hour later, I just caught the traffic warden leaving me a £40 fine...

I'd love to respond to them all. Maybe I will if my comments dry up. Here's a teaser for today...

"I Have Never asked my parents where they met before."

On the phone with my mum, it turned out they met in a field in Oxfordshire - while attending an archeological dig. Dad was studying Chemistry at Oxford, Mum's cousin was running the dig. This struck me as odd. Why do I never do that sort of thing? Then I realised that Theatre is my equivalent I suppose.

So, the questions for today.

"Where did your parents meet?"

Failing that,

"Which is your favourite primary colour, Red, Blue or Yellow?"

10 comment(s):

My dad owns a business where he makes custom bedspreads. My mom works at that factory as a sewing machine operator. That's how they met :-D They started dating... I don't know for how long - and then I came along. They moved in together and married when I was 5. They've been happily together ever since :-D

And favorite primary color is blue. Has been for a long time and it won't change. It's the color of the sky on beautiful sunny days... I'm just drawn to it!

By Anonymous Irma, at 5:48 pm  

My folks met in college when my mom came over to tutor one of his roommates. They got married and graduated college. I got to attend the graduations :D

My favorite primary color is red.

By Anonymous JeanC, at 5:50 pm  

I enjoy reading your blog!

How my parents met.

Through mutual friends at a college Pacific American Cultural event. He was from San Francisco and she was from San Jose. My mom was dancing (I was shocked to hear that my Mother was 1. at a Pacific American Cultural Event, and 2. she was actually participating in the event as a DANCER.)

2.My favorite primary color is Red.

By Blogger RagDoll, at 5:51 pm  

My parents met in a small diner in my Dad's home town. They were introduced by friends. The diner was called "The Wagon Wheel," and we used to eat there sometimes when I was a kid and we were passing through.

By Blogger daftkitty, at 6:56 pm  

Blue is my favorite primary color obviously

By Anonymous blueskelton, at 1:53 am  

My parents met at a college function although they both attended different colleges.
Green.

By Blogger Alice: In Wonderland or Not, at 6:52 am  

My parents were set up on a blind date - her sister was married to one of his coworkers/ friends.

Of those 3, I pick blue, but I'd rather pick green!

By Blogger Anne, at 4:05 pm  

Nice site!
[url=http://xluubygj.com/qwln/hhvt.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rnxojrtb.com/pqsi/fvnh.html]Cool site[/url]

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:38 am  

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:38 am  

Great work!
http://xluubygj.com/qwln/hhvt.html | http://covduzzy.com/ykoe/yruf.html

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:38 am  

Post a comment

<< Home